Angelo Province is one of the administrative divisions of the Institute of the Brothers ofthe Sacred Heart of Jesus. It was erected as a Region in 1987 and subsequently elevated as a Province on 13 th May 2000. The Province is named after Bro. E.M.J. Angelo, SHJ, the co-founder and the first Superior General.
There are 115 professed religious brothers under the Angelo Province who carry out their mission in 9 Catholic Dioceses spread out in 3 states – Tamilnadu 6; Andhra Pradesh 2;Telungana 1. Through its 17 communities.
Inspired by the Gospel, Angelo Province commits itself to promote human dignity among the marginalized to bring about the Kingdom of God where brothed is realirhoozed.
Our mission is to propagate the Sacred Heart spirituality, to collaborate with marginalized and backward communities, youth and lay and people with various disabilities so as to help them to reach their full potential and to promote environmental sustainability.
- Evangelization Centres
- Training of Lay Evangelists
- Inter-Religious Dialogue
- Friends of the Sacred Heart Movement
- Programs for the on-going formation of the members of the Province
- Schools for formal education
- Schools for the blind, mentally challenged and visually impaired
- Hostels and Homes for children
- Formation of women groups and income generation programs
- Tribal development programs
- Provide residential care for the children and the aged
- Promote sustainable agriculture
Associates of Angelo Province
Angelo Province is one of the administrative divisions of the Institute of the Brothers of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. It was created a Province in 2000.
The Congregation of the Brothers of the Sacred Heart of Jesus is a indigenous Religious Brotherhood congregation. It was founded by Rev. Fr. Adrian Caussanal SJ in 1903 with 8 brothers at Iruthayakulam, Tirunelveli.